Studies are conducted in Polish or English.
Fields: science and natural sciences, discipline: chemical sciences
Number of semesters: 4
Number of ECTS points necessary to complete studies at a given level: 120
Professional title awarded to graduates: master of sciences
Classes take place at the Ochota Campus, at the Faculty of Chemistry of the University of Warsaw, at 1 Pasteur str.
Detailed program of studies: here
Second-cycle studies in the field of Chemistry, conducted in the English take place within six specializations: physicochemistry of new materials, theoretical chemistry, organic synthesis, chemical technology, bio- and environmental analysis or crystallography. After the first semester, students should choose a specialization. Tutor of the given field will present the possibilities of master's projects and their supervisors. The tutor with a student are develop an individual program of study in the field of selected discipline. During the second-cycle studies, the student must pass no less than 1000 hours as well as 120 ECTS.
A graduate of the second-cycle studies of Chemistry:
- has knowledge in the field of chemistry, extended in relation to first-cycle studies;
- shows proficiency in issues related to the selected specialization;
- has advanced knowledge in field of health and safety and knows principles of safe handling of chemicals and chemical waste;
- knows the basic legal regulations related to chemical safety;
- is prepared to work in chemical laboratories, both traditional and equipped with advanced testing equipment;
- knows how to collect and critically analyse the data needed to prepare a scientific publication;
- is able to prepare and present papers in English and also conduct substantive discussions with specialists in the field;
- has sufficient skills to solve chemical problems, including non-standard ones, especially in the field of selected specialization;
- has habits of continuing education and professional development instilled;
- is prepared to organize group work and to manage teamwork;
The graduate has the opportunity to undertake further education at PhD studies at home or abroad.
A graduate interested in professional work can apply for employment in industrial and research laboratories with chemical or related profiles, in scientific publishers, etc.
Admission rules for candidates with Polish diplomas
Programme can be conducted in Polish or English language.
The programme is open to all international and Polish applicants. Eligible for admission are holders of a bachelor, master, engineer or equivalent degree in any discipline.
Candidates are qualified based on the result of the written exam, including knowledge of the issues set out in the first degree program in chemistry.
In order to be qualified for second cycle studies it is required to obtain at least 30 points (i.e. 60 percent of the maximum number of points, which is 50).
The result of the entrance test is valid for 12 months from the date of taking the exam. On the day of announcing the recruitment results, the candidate must have a valid exam result.
Admission procedure for candidates with foreign diplomas
Candidates with a foreign diploma have the same rules as candidates with a diploma obtained in Poland.
The entrance test for candidates for studies in English takes place in English.
Checking the candidates' language competences
For studies in Polish
Passing the entrance examination in Polish confirms at the same time the competences of candidates to study in this language (in the case of candidates who do not have documents confirming knowledge of the Polish language honoured by the University of Warsaw).
For studies in English
Candidates to study in English are required to know English at B2 level. Relevant documents confirming knowledge of English at B2 level or higher should be attached in the form of scans to the candidate's IRK account.
Date of the examination in English: 13th of July, 2021, from 12 noon, (exam will be conducted online)
Announcement of results: 19th of July, 2021
Reception of documents:
- I round: 20th-22th of July, 2021
- II round (in case of not fulfilling the limit during I round): 23rd, 26th of July, 2021
- III round (in case of not fulfilling the limit during II round): 27th-28th of July, 2021
- in case of not fulfilling the limit druring previous rounds the Admission Committee will announce next deadlines
The studies are payable - tuition fees
Find us on the map: Faculty of Chemistry