Admission procedure for candidates with Polish diplomas
Holders of Bachelor, Master, engineer etc. degree certificates (diplomas) or equivalents may apply for admission to the first year of the second-cycles studies program.
In the open recruitment procedure, the following points will be taken into account:
- grade point resulting from an interview conducted in English
- overall grade point on the diploma
- grade point average (GPA) for the entire period of studies
The scope of the interview is aimed at checking general orientation of the candidate in the subject of future studies. During the interview the candidate will receive three main questions regarding:
- Basic knowledge on religions and faith systems
- General theories and concepts of research on religions
- The content of the reading material
- The Oxford Handbook of the Study of Religion, edited by Michael Stausberg and Steven Engler, Oxford 2016
- Geertz, Clifford, Religion as a cultural system. The interpretation of cultures: selected essays, Geertz, Clifford. London: Fontana Press. 1993. pp. 87–125.
The candidate may obtain maximum of 100 points from the interview. Obtaining minimum 50 points from the interview entitles the candidate to participate in further recruitment procedure.
Method of calculating the recruitment points:
The candidate may obtain maximum of 300 points, which is the sum of particular elements of the qualification procedure.
A. Assessment of the interview. Maximum 100 points
B. overall grade point on the diploma
- very good (5) - 100 points
- good plus (4+) - 92.5 points
- good (4) - 85 points
- sufficient plus (3+) - 72.5 points
- satisfactory (3) - 60 points
C. the grade point average (GPA) of the entire period of studies
Wp – point result
Śo - the grade point average (GPA) for the entire period of studies
Admission procedure for candidates with foreign diplomas
Rules of admission are the same as for candidates holding university diploma obtained in Poland. The grades of candidates with a foreign diploma will be calculated and compared to the grading scale applicable at the University of Warsaw.
Checking the Candidates' competences to undertake studies conducted in English language
In the absence of the appropriate document (compliant with the requirements described in the general part of the recruitment resolution) certifying candidate's English language proficiency at least at B2 level, the English language proficiency of the candidate will be assessed during an interview.
The positive result of the qualification procedure confirm candidate's competence to study in English at the above-mentioned program.
Date of qualification interview: 17th of September, 2021, from 12 noon, (exam will be conducted online)
Announcement of results: 24th of September, 2021
Reception of documents:
- I round: 27th-28th of September, 2021
- II round (in case of not fulfilling the limit during I round): 29th-30th of September, 2021
Student's ID payment (ELS)
List of required documents submitted by candidates qualified for studies
Find us on the map: Faculty of Oriental Studies