General scientific discipline: social sciences
Specific scientific disciplines: Management, Economics and Finance, Law
Leading discipline: Management
Language of instruction: English
The aims of the program:
Second degree studies in the field of International Management - IBP aim to educate a graduate who knows in depth the research methodology and terminology in the field of management, in particular international management and in complementary disciplines, such as economics (international economics), finance (international finance) and legal sciences (international law). The graduate has advanced knowledge of management, in particular in its international aspect, and related disciplines, knows the principles of creating and developing various forms of entrepreneurship and is prepared to act in an entrepreneurial manner, including international markets. Has the skills and competences to recognize, diagnose and solve problems related to the functioning of the organization and to determine the impact of the environment: technological, social, political, legal, economic and ecological, on the functioning of the organization and the entire economy, with particular emphasis on functioning in the regional and global environment.
The studies are aimed at educating a graduate who has the ability to independently and collectively prepare studies on the functioning of the organization, sector and the entire economy in the international aspect and communicative presentation of them in English. The studies prepare for independent learning and updating of knowledge and for observing professional ethical standards.
- Global Management
- International Financial Management
Recruitment of students to groups within the specialization will be made in the recruitment process, separately for each of them. Recruitment of students for the declared specialization of studies will be made on the basis of a ranking list, created during recruitment process.
Classes are held at the headquarters of the Faculty of Management at the University of Warsaw, ul. Szturmowa 1/3, in Warsaw, Poland (EU)
A virtual walk around the campus
Classes are held from Monday to Friday from 8.00 am, on average until 5.00 pm
Program curriculum is available here
A graduate in scope of knowledge:
- has knowledge about the nature of management sciences and its place in the system of social sciences and about its objective and methodological connections with other scientific disciplines. He sees management as an interdisciplinary science,
- knows and understands the research methodology and the terminology in the scope of the discipline of management and quality as well as in supplementary disciplines (economics and finance, legal sciences),
- knows and understands complex processes and phenomena occurring in various types of organizations and in the world around them, uses management theory and complementary disciplines (economics and finance, legal sciences) to recognize, diagnose and solve problems related to key functions in the organization (operational, marketing, financial, personnel management) and their integration as part of the organization's strategy,
- knows and understands in a thorough manner the legal conditions of the functioning of the organization and the entire economy, including in the international context,
- knows and understands complex technological, social, political, legal, economic and ecological processes and phenomena as well as their impact on the functioning of the organization and the entire economy in the international context, including the principles of protection of industrial property,
- knows and understands the principles of creating and developing various forms of entrepreneurship in the national and global dimension.
A graduate in scope of skills:
- is able to use the theory of management discipline and quality as well as supplementary sciences (economics and finance, legal sciences) to recognize, diagnose and solve complex and unusual problems related to key functions in the organization and their integration as part of the organization's strategy, including in the international context, using the right source selection and adapting existing or developing new methods,
- can correctly interpret complex processes and technological, social, political, legal, economic and ecological phenomena and their impact on the functioning of the organization and the entire economy, including in the global context, using the right source selection,
- can independently prepare and analyze analyzes and reports on complex and unusual problems related to the functioning of the organization, sector and the entire national and global economy, and communicate them in English in a communicative way - using advanced IT and communication tools,
- is able to plan, organize and manage team work, including both international and intercultural teams,
- has the ability to self-education, raise qualifications and support others in this area.
A graduate in scope of social competences:
- is ready to assess and critically approach complex situations and phenomena related to the functioning of the organization, the sector and the entire economy, including in the global context,
- is ready to think and act in an entrepreneurial way in the national and global dimension,
- is ready to follow and develop professional ethical standards.
A graduate of this Program will be able to take a job including in:
- transnational corporations,
- industrial and service enterprises operating on international markets,
- governmental administration,
- international organizations,
- municipal administration,
- non-profit organizations.
Potential job positions include: an analyst, specialist, senior specialist, middle-level manager, project team leader, etc. Good preparation in the field of management sciences is the foundation and a convenient starting point for personal development and professional advancement. This promotion requires not only professional experience, but also continuing education at third degree studies, postgraduate certified studies or other short trainee programs.
Admission rules for candidates with Polish diplomas
The qualification procedure is a two-stage process.
Candidates take a written test covering basic knowledge in the field of management and economics in accordance with the published list of topics. The exam is conducted in English.
The maximum amount of points available to obtain in the written test is 50.
Minimum number of points required to be qualified: 25
Candidates who pass the test take an interview conducted in English, which is to verify the candidates' communication skills (appropriate vocabulary and effective interaction), as well as their ability to think critically and solve problems. The interview concerns the issues the list of which will be announced on the IRK website by the date specified in the recruitment resolution.
The maximum amount of points available to obtain in the interview is 10.
Minimum number of points required to be qualified: 5
Absence from the interview disqualifies the candidate and results in the award of 0 points in the qualification procedure.
The final result of the qualification procedure is the sum of points obtained in the first and second stages.
Admission rules for candidates with foreign diplomas
The same rules apply as for candidates with a diploma obtained in Poland.
Checking the Candidates' competences to undertake studies conducted in English language
The language competences of candidates who do not have a document confirming the knowledge of English at the B2 level at least recognized by the University of Warsaw are checked by an online test.
The maximum number of points to be obtained in the online test is 20.
Minimum number of points required to be qualified is 10.
Language test points are not included in the candidate's final result. Confirmation of the candidate's competences to study in English is a condition for admission to further stages of the admission procedure.
Deadline for the online test checking the knowledge of English language (if it applies to the candidate): 13th of July, 2022, 10 a.m., (exam will be conducted online via Kampus-rekrutacja)
Date of a written examination: 14th of July, 2022, 10 a.m., (exam will be conducted online via Kampus-rekrutacja)
Date of an interview: 15th of July, 2022, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (interview will be conducted online via Google Meet)
Announcement of results: 19th of July, 2022
Reception of documents:
- I round: 20th-22nd of July, 2022
- II round (in case of not fulfilling the limit during I round): 25th-26th of July, 2022
- III round (in case of not fulfilling the limit during II round): 27th-28th of July, 2022
- in case of not fulfilling the limit druring previous rounds the Admission Committee will announce next deadlines
The studies are payable - tuition fees
Find us on the map: Faculty of Management