Contemporary management faces a paradoxical challenge: managers must demonstrate specialist knowledge related to a specific industry and at the same time must be able to build a comprehensive strategy based on it as a whole covering the entire functioning of the organization.
The Executive MBA program gives graduates extensive insight into practical aspects of business given in a capsule bringing together experience, practical management course and peer-to-peer networking. The knowledge gained in our program has multiple practical applications and companies are direct beneficiaries of the fact that their employees have a chance to study at EMBA.
For many years, our programs have had the most prestigious accreditations in the world: AMBA - Association of MBAs and EQUIS.
If you want to learn more and ask specific questions, we invite you to an individual on-line consultation with a representative of the International Management Center.
Executive MBA studies are designed for people with at least 5-year professional experience (including at least three years at managerial positions), who want to gain or enhance their knowledge and obtain practical management skills.
Executive MBA is not for people who want to specialize in one of the fields of management, such as finance, marketing or personnel management. The EMBA program is designed for those who need a strategic view on the functioning of an enterprise.
Program courses are provided by internationally renowned lecturers from University of Warsaw, University of Illinois, University of Florida, University of Cambridge and other leading universities:
- prof. Annela Anger-Kraavi (Ekonomia) - Cambidge University
- prof. Prem Chandrani (International Business) - S P Jain Institute of Management & Research
- prof. Hadi S. Esfahani (Economics of the Firm) - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- dr Mieczysław Grudziński (Financial Management) - Akademia Leona Koźmińskiego
- prof. Grzegorz Karasiewicz (Marketing) - Uniwersytet Warszawski
- prof. Krzysztof Klincewicz (Operations Management) - Uniwersytet Warszawski
- prof. Boris Lezhava (Marketing) - Caucasus University
- dr Tomasz Ludwicki (Strategic Management) - Uniwersytet Warszawski
- prof. Krzysztof Obłój (Strategic Management) Uniwersytet Warszawski
- prof. Tomasz Ochinowski (Strategic Leadership) - Uniwersytet Warszawski
- prof. Patrick O'Sullivan (Business Ethics) - Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM)
- prof. Nicholas Petruzzi (Operations Management) - Penn State University
- prof. Joseph Santora (Behavioral Science) - École des Ponts Business School
- prof. Jovana Stanisljevic (Negotiations in Business) - Grenoble École de Management
- prof. Adam Tatarynowicz (Networking Strategies) - Lee Kong Chian School of Business
- prof. Grażyna Wieczorkowska-Wierzbińska (Statistics) - Uniwersytet Warszawski
- mgr Aneta Wilk-Łyś (Accounting)
Extramural, conventions (basically) twice a month. A detailed schedule of conventions is mandatory for each group.
Exams, presentations, case study analysis, quizzes, simulations, individual or group. Studies end with the defense of a consulting project as the final thesis.
Our Executive MBA studies were established in 1991. Since then, almost 1,500 people have completed our program.
Each year, 60% of participants in our studies are presidents, members of supervisory boards and management boards, as well as their direct reports, representing leading Polish and foreign companies.
In order to be admitted for the entrance exam you need to:
1. fill in the application and personal questionnaire in the IRK system
2. provide a set of application documents:
- original MA/BA (MSc/BCs) diploma, or equivalent
- original transcript of grades (or diploma supplement if issued)
- two letters of recommendation (preferred: from current or previous employer / supervisor and colleague). Letters should be delivered in sealed envelopes; the content of the letters will not be disclosed to the candidate.
- one photo in the IRK system
3. have at least five years of professional experience; 3-years holding managerial positions. Information on experience should be placed in the application form in the dedicated sections.
4. make a non-refundable application fee of PLN 1,000.
Please make payment to our account number: Bank Millennium 32 1160 2202 0000 0001 0838 9289
Final admissions are based on:
- 60-minute mathematical and logical test (Mathematics (basic calculus level), logical reasoning, and problem solving)
- 60-minute English test (reading comprehension and grammar)
- 20-minute pesonal interview with faculty, study director and graduates of the EMBA@UW Program
USD 8,000 and PLN 44,900 + PLN 1,000 non-refundable application fee
Tuition fees can be paid in installments. The amount of installments and payment terms are given in Study Legal Agreement. You can also find this info on our website and in the Information Brochure.
Optionally, students can choose to participate in field trips to: India, USA, United Kingdom. Study trips constitute additional costs.