Welcome to the Internet Registration for Candidates System (IRK)
The University System of Language Provision (USLP) coordinates the organisation of the language teaching at the University of Warsaw, ensuring that students acquire language and intercultural skills that are consistent with the standards defined in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), which constitute the basis of the language proficiency certification process.
Persons interested in developing their language competences can choose from among almost 40 languages, taught by several University units: Faculty of Modern Languages, Faculty of Oriental Studies, Faculty of Polish Studies, Centre for Foreign Language Teaching, and Centre for Foreign Language Teacher Training and European Education.
In order to register for a language course or a certification exam, candidates who are not UW students should sign up for an account on the website of Internet Registration for Candidates System (IRK): https://irk.oferta.uw.edu.pl/en-gb/home/ by choosing the tab “Create an account” and filling out all required fields listed below:
- BASIC PERSONAL DATA - first name, surname, gender, PESEL number, date of birth, place of birth, country of birth, nationality.
- ADDRESS AND CONTACT INFORMATION - phone number, country, postal code, city, city type, street, street number.
- ADDITIONAL PERSONAL INFORMATION - document type, document number, document expiration date, country in which the document has been issued.
To confirm the fact of setting an account the candidate should send an email to the Office of Innovation in Teaching and Learning (firstname.lastname@example.org). The email should contain the following information:
- first name and surname,
- e-mail address entered in the Internet Registration for Candidates System,
- language of the course or certification exam and its level (e.g. A2, B1, B2 etc.).
In the reply email you will receive detailed information about further steps to be taken to successfully register for a chosen language course.
We encourage you to visit the website of the Office of Innovation in Teaching and Learning: http://www.jezyki.pelnomocnik.uw.edu.pl/, where you can find information about registration deadlines, language courses on offer, etc.